If you’ve ever had Oolong tea before, you’ll know that it has strong bitterness with a sweet after taste. Oolong tea is a traditional Chinese tea and is between black and green in oxidation. I came up with this idea after making the Jasmine tea ice cream. Lo and behold this oolong tea ice cream has the best texture of all the ice creams I have made so far. It was just so creamy, sweet, and delightful, that I will definitely be making it again in the near future!
3 tbs Oolong tea leaves
2 cups half and half
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup sugar
- Heat half and half in sauce pan over medium heat until small bubbles form around the edge. Do not boil
- Remove half and half from heat
- Add Oolong tea leaves in the half and half. Stir and let it steap for 15 minutes.
- Strain out the loose tea.
- Add heavy cream and sugar to the mixture.
- Heat mixture over medium heat until small bubbles form around the edge again. Do not boil.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Process in ice cream maker
Tags: Oolong tea ice cream